Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Revealing the secret behind trend following models

The blogger Jesse Livermore at Philosophical Economics recently wrote another brilliant post about the use of trend following models and market timing. He found that trend following models work very well on diversified stock indices, but didn't really understand the mechanism of how they worked. As I pride myself on being a left and right brained quant, I am going to try and explain why these classes of models work and why they perform poorly on individual securities.

The full post is at our new site here.



Site Notice
If you signed up for the notification of our Early Bird Special Offer but did not receive it, I have had some reports that they got classified as spam so please check your spam folder. Otherwise you can email me at cam at humblestudentofthemarkets dot com and I will send you the link.

As well, I would like to remind readers that we will cease to accept new subscribers as of January 15, 2016 as a way to better control the growth of our new community. Hurry, the deadline is coming up faster than you think.

No comments: